&ot absonderpop: Clash Week, Pt. 3: I Guess My Race Is Run

Friday, April 13, 2007

Clash Week, Pt. 3: I Guess My Race Is Run



And another song, not written by any of the members of The Clash. This one could even have been considered a classic by the time The Clash recorded their own version, as it had been recorded by The Crickets in 1960 and been made popular by The Bobby Fuller Four in 1964.
Written by Sonny Curtis, the guitarrist of The Crickets, I Fought The Law was included on the first album the band released after the death of their former lead singer Buddy Holly.

The Crickets: I Fought The Law
Bobby Fuller Four: I Fought The Law
The Clash: I Fought The Law
The Clash: I Fought The Law (live)
The Pogues feat. Joe Strummer: I Fought The Law (live)
Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros: I Fought The Law (live
Dead Kennedys: I Fought The Law
Stray Cats: I Fought The Law
Nanci Griffith: I Fought The Law
Mike Ness (Social Distortion): I Fought The Law
Waco Brothers: I Fought The Law
The Oyster Band: I Fought The Law (live)
Mano Negra: I Fought The Law (live)
Gene October (Chelsea): I Fought The Law
Hank Williams Jr.: I Fought The Law
Green Day: I Fought The Law
Henry Kaiser and David Lindley: I Fought The Law
Yo La Tengo: I Fought The Law
Bryan Adams: I Fought The Law (live)
Status Quo: I Fought The Law (live)
Birdland with Lester Bangs: I Fought The Law (live)
Claude François: J'ai Joué et J'ai Perdu
Ace Andres and the X-15's: I Fought The Law
Left Alone: I Fought The Law
Roy Orbison: I Fought The Law
The Freddy Steady 5: I Fought The Law
Tom Bee: I Fought The Law
Voodoo DeVille: I Fought The Law

If you happen to have another version of this song, feel free to send it in and I'll include it in this list.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Guuzbourg said...

that link to the crickets version is no good

9:22 AM  
Blogger absonderpop said...

Thanks for the feedback.
Link is fixed now.

Cheers, Netzhaut

12:12 PM  
Blogger Guuzbourg said...

thanks for the fix ;-)

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song has also been done by Kylie Minogue (on her 1st live album) and The Dukes - a band that featured many members of Australian band The Models.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theres an instrumental version by Duane Eddy. Its sweet.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home