&ot absonderpop: Clash Week, Pt. 2: Won't You Help Me Find The Speed I Lack?

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Clash Week, Pt. 2: Won't You Help Me Find The Speed I Lack?



There are songs that you associate that much with one band, you are stunned to find out they haven't been written by this band.
Even so, if the original version of the song is by someone you only know from a couple of poppy reggae tunes from the 80s.
Eddy Grant, who was the main singer and songwriter for the British pop/reggae-group The Equals before he went solo, wrote "Police On My Back" and the band released the song as a single in 1968.

The Equals: Police On My Back
The Clash: Police On My Back
The Deadcats: Police On My Back
Asian Dub Foundation & Zebda: Police On My Back
Die Toten Hosen: Police On My Back
Levellers: Police On My Back
Micky Fitz: Police On My Back
Pressure Point: Police On My Back
The Hated: Police On My Back
The Rocketz: Police On My Back
Willie Nile: Police On My Back

If you happen to have another version of this song, feel free to send it in and I'll include it in this list.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home