&ot absonderpop: R.I.P. Nikki…

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

R.I.P. Nikki…

I was going to start this blog with something completely different and on a much lighter note…

But I just found out that one of my all time Rock'n'Roll heroes passed away last night, aged 49.



I had the chance to see him perform a couple of times over the last 20 years, both with bigger audiences and during more intimate solo-sets. The picture was taken at one such occasion on December, 30th 2004 at the MuK in Gießen, Germany.

I talked to Nikki about booking him for a private party not quite a year ago (a shame, that someone with as much talent as him could be booked for such little money!!!), which didn't work out because of scheduling problems.

Therefore, in honour of the late, great Mr. Sudden, a couple of tracks from his +30 years-spanning career.

Jacobites: Road of Broken Dreams
Jacobites: Before I Die
Nikki Sudden: Death is Hanging over Me

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger thepsychicpilot said...

Sad news indeed.

Welcome to the blogosphere, btw.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home