&ot absonderpop: Many girls have taken you for a ride

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Many girls have taken you for a ride



A couple of years ago, I had the rare chance to see Daniel Johnston perform in Germany. As far as I know, he only visited Germany twice, although he had planned to play some gigs last summer, which sadly had to be cancelled due to his deteriorating health.

If you don't know about Daniel, be sure to check out this page.

Alas, without further ado, here's the music-related posting I had originally intended to be the first. It might or might not set the mood for upcoming postings, but starting off with one of my all time favourites in as many different versions as I have in my collection, doesn't seem to be a bad idea…

• Daniel Johnston: Speeding Motorcycle
• Yo La Tengo: Speeding Motorcycle
• Yo La Tengo feat. Daniel Johnston: Speeding Motorcycle
• Mary Lou Lord: Speeding Motorcycle
• The Pastels: Speeding Motorcycle
• Lou Barlow: Speeding Motorcycle

(Right-click to save)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home