&ot absonderpop: Tom Petty Week, Pt. 2: There Ain't No Easy Way Out

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tom Petty Week, Pt. 2: There Ain't No Easy Way Out



Taken from Petty's first "solo" album, Full Moon Fever, I Won't Back Down was co-written by ELO's Jeff Lynne. Although the album is credited to Tom Petty (sans The Heartbreakers) all members of his band (and the complete Traveling Wilburys, except for Mr. Dylan) were involved in recording it. The video to this songs has Ringo Starr on drums, but he didn't play on the album.

Tom Petty, Mike Campbell and Benmont Trench would also back Johnny Cash on his version of the song on American III: Solitary Man.

Tom Petty: I Won't Back Down
Tom Petty: I Won't Back Down (live)
Johnny Cash: I Won't Back Down
Roy Tyler and New Directions: I Won't Back Down
Smokie: I Won't Back Down
Cujo: I Won't Back Down
Greg Walton: I Won't Back Down
Holly Nelson: I Won't Back Down
Yancy: I Won't Back Down
Wiglaf Droste und das Spardosenterzett: I Won't Back Down

If you happen to have another version of this song, feel free to send it in and I'll include it in this list.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sfcrotty said...

Hiya, having trouble downloading several files, incl. T.P. live version, Cujo, Smokie, J. Cash, Wiglaf. Getting 1KB files.

Ron Tyler okay.

Thanks for a great blog.

9:05 PM  
Blogger absonderpop said...

Permissions on the server got mixed up.
Should all work now.

Cheers, Netzhaut

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice blog. I'm a big fan of covers so I'm certainly happy I found it. Keep it up!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Moses Lawn said...

I don't have a copy of it, but I know Pearl Jam did a live version of this song that I've heard on the radio-- so it must be released somewhere.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home