&ot absonderpop: Boss Week, Pt. 3: Maybe Everything That Dies Some Day Comes Back

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Boss Week, Pt. 3: Maybe Everything That Dies Some Day Comes Back

[In absonderland a week can be a lot longer than just seven days...]



While Darkness On The Edge of Town sort of saved me during the worst year of my life, it was Springsteen's Nebraska that had put the Boss on my personal musical map.

I could connect much more to stripped down 4-track home-recordings that had been intended as demo versions for his follow up to The River than to all of his full band stuff I had known before discovering this album.

My personal stand-out track from Nebraska has always been Atlantic City – and not just because there are a lot of fine cover versions of that one around...

Bruce Springsteen: Atlantic City
Bruce Springsteen: Atlantic City (MTV Plugged 1992)
Bruce Springsteen And The Sessions Band: Atlantic City (live 2007)
The Band: Atlantic City
Kurt Neumann (BoDeans): Atlantic City
Hank Williams III: Atlantic City
Mike Rimbaud: Atlantic City
Pete Yorn: Atlantic City/Murray (live)
Doc Holiday: Atlantic City
Ed Harcourt: Atlantic City
Denis Fischer: Atlantic City
Tom Thumb And The Latter Day Saints: Atlantic City

If you happen to have another version of this song, feel free to send it in and I'll include it in this list.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this live cover of Atlantic City by the Counting Crows:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bjh1fvq1jdf

It's my favorite song off of Nebraska too, there's something that is *so* perfect about it. And it's often my favorite Springsteen song overall.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, here's the url as a link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bjh1fvq1jdf

6:33 AM  
Blogger ally. said...

after years of resisting i'm slowly giving in to springsteen and this is one of the major reasons why. the bombast and adulation have always kept me wary
x

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site you got here !
Be sure to check out my blog about Orchid Care Tips

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home